Diesel wird teurer in Luxemburg
Forum / Allgemeines

grenzgaenger?  

Profilbild von
phatboysweden
29 Messages

18 Jahren  ago  

Hallo,

I now live in Trier and work in Luxembourg. However, I might relocate to Koeln in the Summer and then commute once a week to work and work 4 days/week from home (am able to do this with the work I have). Is there anything I need to think of?

Profilbild von
Meffo
7079 Messages

18 Jahren  ago  

Hi phbsw., you did not mention your status, employee or free lancer,...

As the tax debate about workers in long-distance traffic shows, the definition of working place is in income tax very straight forward, that means location of working place is the very place you are working.

So I think, if your working 4 days/week at Cologne, your are working there for the Finanzamt at Cologne (nearly). Should you try to clarify!

It exist a legal framework for Teleworking in Luxembourg. But it the very point of income taxing that makes that possibility uninteresting for people domiciliated abroad. Think about!

Profilbild von
phatboysweden
29 Messages

18 Jahren  ago  

Hey there,

I am a full time employee - not a freelancer, single and not married. I would be working from my own home and one day a week in the Lux office.

I would still think I would pay tax in Luxembourg as we do not even have a company in Germany and my income is paid by the Lux office...

Profilbild von
DirkW
28 Messages

18 Jahren  ago  

Om du jobbar i Tyskland faar du vanligtvist ocksaa skatta där. Det spelar ingen roll om företaget bara har säte i Luxembourg, det räcker att du befinner dig paa tysk mark när du arbetar.

Profilbild von
phatboysweden
29 Messages

18 Jahren  ago  

Ok, tack:) Vet du hur det funkar och hur mycket skatt det ar i Tyskland? Behover man da inte betala nagon skatt i Luxembourg?

Redan nu jobbar jag ett par ganger i veckan hemifran i Trier men det ar ju inget som skatteverket i Tyskland vet om. Far val gora samma sak om jag flyttar till Koln.

Profilbild von
Meffo
7079 Messages

18 Jahren  ago  

Genau das wollte ich noch sagen: Sprachlich wirst Du in Köln überhaupt keine Probleme haben, in Anbetracht dessen, dass Köllsch genauso unintelligibel ist wie das Luxemburgische...

Profilbild von
phatboysweden
29 Messages

18 Jahren  ago  

Meffo, this was in Swedish....LOL!